Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cat Proof(ish) Christmas Tree

I can't have any plants in my home because my fat cat tries to eat them. Really sucks since my sister-in-laws family are florists and would supply me with an endless supply of beautiful bouquets year round. Sucks even more around Christmas time because there is no having any sort of tree.

A few years ago I got a small fake tree, one that has fiber optic lights built in, there are fiber optic "needles" among the fake plastic "pine needles" in the branches and they change color, looks kinda cool. Well we put it up and within a day the fat one had found her way to it. Isn't she just so cute chewing on plastic and fiber optic, can't be good for her.

We can't even have anything that looks like fake plants. Nothing resembling a plant. She loves to chew on the fake plants I have for my fish tank and/or reptile tanks. She is a weird one.

So I have given up on Christmas tree in my home. We don't do much for Christmas at our place anyways so it's not a big deal but it would be nice to have a bit of the season in our home.

I check my email the other day and Low Impact Living's newsletter is about a cardboard Christmas tree. I think that might be able to pretty much survive in my home. Granted my cats, both of them, are what we call cardboard vampires, thank you Jerry Cantrell. Let me explain, they love to chew on cardboard and it leaves puncture marks. Something Jerry Cantrell observed a cat do and thought of the term cardboard vampire and subsequently named a group he toured with. They did all covers it was great, but back to the Christmas tree. So I could bring that into my home and the bottom portion could be kindly "decorated" by my cats and I could decorate the top portion myself. It could probably even survive a few years before I would need a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment