Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 4 of plastic

Week 4
June 1st thru June 7th


-3 produce/bulk bags will be reused for kitty litter
-cracker bag old saltines that had a hole in it and were disgustingly stale
-carrot bag
-chip bag
-bread bag
-ice bag
-2 cereal bags
-2 envelopes with plastic windows
-sour cream container
-2 fast food dipping sauce containers
-spoon
-wrapper from spoon
-drink lid
-bread bag tab
-lid to soy milk I realize now that every time I have a soy milk lid I also should include the soy milk spout since it is plastic but it is not easily removable from the "paper" carton. I put paper in " " because it is paper but coated in plastic...
-seal from soy milk
-chicken broth lid the spout on this is plastic too and the same with the "paper" carton...
-3 2 liter soda bottles we went to the store for ice cream and next think I know hubby bought three 2 liter's of soda (will be recycled)
-gatorade bottle, I was beyond thirsty one day on my way to work and had to buy something, I love gatorade but resist buying with all my might. (will be recycled lid is reused at work as a food dish for baby geckos)
-mouthwash bottle I went to the dentist for the first time in at least 7 years and while the poor hygienist really worked for her pay that day scraping years of tartar build up off my teeth I got the all's good (my husband says I am a cheater because I have no cavities, ever, and I haven't been in so long and he has 5 new ones) but you may want to think about purchasing some mouthwash, not because I have horrible breath, well they didn't say that at least ha ha, they said since I have my wisdom teeth still bacteria will tend to build up back there and mouthwash is a good idea.
-mouthwash safety seal

I got ambitious at some point in this week and cleaned out my cupboards of old food, a lot of the stuff was easily over a year old, like the crackers, the chips, the cereal, and the stuff out of two of the bulk bin bags. We don't purchase items like that any more and if we do we do it in MUCH smaller quantities so we don't get "sick" of it and still have a large amount.

I also cured my problem with ice by putting the ice I can make with one good ice tray I have into a paper bag so they don't stick together. So no more ice bags for us.

Not much else to say about this week, I've pretty much made all the major changes I am willing to at this point it is just now a matter of thinking ahead so I don't have to purchase things like the gatorade because I have no other option or will, I don't really need a this or that.




No comments:

Post a Comment