Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 5 of plastic

Week 5 of my plastic consumption
June 8th to June 14th


6 cup lids
6 straws
3 plastic fast food cups
3 2-litre soda bottles recyclable
2 20 oz soda bottles recyclable
7-11 grocery bag reused for kitty litter or taken to grocery store and put in the bag recycling
plastic freezer bag

The freezer bag is from frozen mice, food for my snakes, so it is regular thing that I don't have an alternative to. Everything else was completely avoidable. I had a craving for cream soda and my husband replaced the soda's from last week. I also had a craving for a shake and that is what one of the plastic fast food cups is from. When we do eat fast food I have been trying to get the smaller sizes that come in the waxed paper cups, they have to be a bit better than #6 plastic cups right, that's what I tell myself. I was going to try turning the larger soda bottles into upside down planters but all I have are peppers and apparently peppers don't like the upside down as much as tomatoes so I think I will just be recycling them. I so wish my tally for this week was just a freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment