Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TechnoTrash, some tips

As you may or may not be aware it is illegal in some areas and bad for the environment in general to dispose of any electornic waste in the regular trash pick up.

As you are probably also aware it is almost more difficult to figure out where to properly dispose of electronic items.

Here are some option for tech recycling.

GreenDisk seems to be a pretty cool service and fairly easy.

Also check out your local Office Depot for tech recycling, they have three different size boxes and all the stuff you can fit in one is recycled for the price of the box.

The Big Green Box is much like what Office Depot offers but they seem to specialize in batterties and small handheld devices.

ACT recycles videocassettes and computer disks through an org that provides jobs to disabled people.

At The Rechargable Battery Recycling Corporation you can enter your zip code and get a list of close places to recycle your batteries.

I am sure there are plenty of other resources, usually when you buy a new electornic gadget you are given an option to recyle what it is replacing. I know T-Mobile provides me with a free recycling envelope for my old phone when i get a new one and Dell supplies me with a free recylcling envelope for my old printer cartridges when I get a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment