Wednesday, January 7, 2009

RIP Smoosh

Smoosh my green Iguana died last night. She had not been doing so well for the last few weeks, being quite lazy for her but of course still with her major attitude. Yesterday she didn't have her attitude and I knew it wouldn't be long. She was an old thing and had quite the interesting life. I believe I got her in 2000 or 2001 from Wild Wonders and they had had her since about 1997 if I remember correctly and I don't really know what happened to her previous to that. She was pretty much the same size from 1997 till now so she was not a super young Iguana but she didn't have the greatest life previous to that. She has no spines on her back, her dewlap is all messed up and she was a tiny girl for her age, and her mouth was all messed up probably from Metabolic Bone Disorder, lack of calcium and other vital vitamins (that's why we call her Smoosh, her smooshed up face), among other things. She had a pretty good life with me so I like to think the majority of her life was good and just a smaller bit of it was bad. Here are a few picture of her.









1 comment:

  1. Aw! I'm so sorry to hear it. It's wonderful that she got to move on and have a good life with you.

    ReplyDelete