Thursday, June 9, 2011

I watch a lot of tv

If by chance you don't know I am a HUGE fan of Star Trek. I am currently going through and rewatching The Next Generation. I am about half way through season 2 right now. It will take me a while, there were 7 seasons and with the Stanley Cup playoffs happening right now it will take me even longer. Also more cable networks are starting their seasons so I will be watching more actual tv too. What do I have to say about all of this...I watch WAY too much tv. No really I do. My tv is almost ALWAYS on. I am trying to make it more productive, ha as if watching tv the way I do is ever productive, by not watching as much random repeats and having a point to my tv watching. What I mean is watching new episodes or working my way through Star Trek. I have tried in the past to limit my tv watching but it didn't last long. I could do it but I didn't find myself being more productive or doing other productive things. I would just sit on my computer and entertain myself other just as non-productive ways. I love tv and that won't change so I have decided to just deal with it.

My new way of watching tv seems to work well for me. I have gotten a lot of sewing projects done recently and haven't been as obsessed with needing the tv on if there isn't something for me to watch. The dvr definitely helps with this, which isn't something new I have but something I am using more than I did previously. Much to the disappointment of the tv industry I don't watch things when they are on, I watch when it is more convenient to me. I'm sorry tv industry I do love you and some of your programming BUT I gotta do things on my own time. Please don't hold it against me.

I do see myself watching less and less tv, especially at night, because I haven't been reading as much lately and I miss that too. Most of the problem is I am not sure what I am in the mood to read. There is a few Dresden Files book I can read, well one and another that is coming out this summer, and the same with Preston & Childs Pendergast series. I have their latest, a signed limited edition copy, which is why I haven't read it yet, I feel like this copy should not be read but I don't really want to have the library limit on me and I am not going to buy another copy just so I can read a book I already own.

For now I will watch tv and find other things to entertain myself and see what happens and maybe I will decide I need to limit myself in certain areas so I don't become a giant couch potato again. If for whatever reason you are interested in what I watch, and don't follow me on twitter and/or facebook you can peek over at me on gomiso.com which is like a foursquare for tv watching. I don't check into the random repeats I find the tv left on but do check in to almost everything else I watch when I watch it. Mudnessa on gomiso.com

No comments:

Post a Comment