Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wimbledon

Wimbledon seems to be my least favorite slam.

Oh we are talking tennis and grand slams, which are the 4 big tournaments in the sport.

Back to what I was saying. Wimbledon is going into it's 4th day (I think) and I haven't been paying attention to any of it. For me this is unheard of, even if I don't talk about it a lot on twitter or facebook I am almost always paying attention to tennis and since the off season is December I really mean always pay attention to it. I am not out of the loop with Wimby right now, I know Tommy lost first round, I know Fer lost Wednesday and Feli won. I know Sod was tested first round, but I haven't watched any of it. It's been on my tv for about half an hour since it started but there could have been a lot more.

I was wondering if this is a new thing or just how it's always been and I think it's a combination of the two. Taking place in England and me being on the west coast of the States most of it takes place while I am asleep but that doesn't stop me with other tournaments and reading up and paying more attention. What I really think it is is that growing up it was Sampras who was winning and well sorry but I am and never was a Sampras fan in the slightest. The tournament just never had a great deal of draw for me. I don't think it being on grass helps any. The grass season is so short the surfce just doesn't do anything for me. Clay season is fun cause the surface is so fun with the sliding and it's clay it gets all over everyone. Hard courts are everywhere. Australian Open starts the tennis season and the US Open is also hard court. Grass is just this surface they play on in England for a short period of time where they have to wear white. I am well aware it is more than that and the history but that apparently doesn't have much of an appeal to me.

That being said I will probably wake up in the wee hour of the morning to watch the quarters, semis, and finals, it is tennis after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment